Go beyond traditional IPS to prevent all known threats across all traffic in a single pass.
Traditional intrusion prevention has failed to evolve
Organisations face a number of attacks from threat actors driven by various motives, including profit, ideology/ hacktivism, or even organisational discontent. Today’s attackers are well-funded and well-equipped. They use evasive tactics to gain footholds in target networks and launch advanced attacks at high volume. Their methods are highly targeted, leveraging sophisticated playbooks to breach an organisation, move laterally, and extract valuable data, all while remaining invisible to traditional independent defences.
To make matters worse, traditional intrusion prevention or detection systems (IPS/IDS) still use the same defensive strategies they did before the threat landscape evolved. Traffic is only inspected on certain ports, and while adding single-function devices to the defensive stack may alleviate certain problems, it results in poor performance and a lack of overall visibility. Furthermore, the basics are often left uncovered, putting the onus on security teams who are not properly resourced to identify or patch vulnerabilities to confidently avoid data breaches.
Comprehensive exploit, malware, and command and control protection for your network
Palo Alto Networks Threat Prevention service protects your network by providing multiple layers of prevention, confronting threats at each phase of an attack. In addition to traditional IPS capabilities, Threat Prevention has the unique ability to detect and block threats on any and all ports instead of invoking signatures based on a limited set of predefined ports.
Their worldwide community of customers shares collective global threat intelligence, significantly reducing the success rate of advanced attacks by stopping them shortly after they are first encountered. Threat Prevention benefits from our other cloud-delivered security subscriptions for daily updates that stop exploits, malware, malicious URLs, command and control (C2), spyware, etc. A necessity for every Palo Alto Networks NGFW, Threat Prevention can speed prevention of new unknown threats to near-real-time when paired with other Palo Alto Networks subscriptions, including WildFire® malware prevention service for unknown file-based threats, URL Filtering for web-borne attacks, DNS Security for attacks using the Domain Name Service, and IoT Security for unmanaged device visibility and context.
Prevent threats on your next-generation firewall.
Enable the application, prevent the treat
Eliminate threats at every phase
Scan for all threats in a single pass
Leverage intrustion prevention
Use custom signatures for emerging threats
Protect against malware
Integrate with WildFire
Protect against command and control
Reduce the attack surface
Mitigate threats easily and accurately
Business and operational benefits
- Eliminate cost and management for standalone IPS
- Leverage Snort and other powerful IPS capabilities, integrated with our NGFW for a single security policy rule base.
- Gain visibility into attacks, assured your organisation is protected
- Inspect all traffic for threats, regardless of port, protocol, or encryption.
- Reduce resources needed to manage vulnerabilities and patches
- Automatically block known malware, vulnerability exploits, and C2.
- Take advantage of full threat detection and enforcement prevention controls without sacrificing performance
- Gain comprehensive security for all data, applications, and users
- Scan all traffic, with full context around applications and users.
- Automate security with less manual work
- Get automatic updates for new threats.
- Deploy Snort signatures.
- Automatically convert, sanitise, upload, and manage Snort and Suricata rules to detect emerging threats and take advantage of intelligence.
- Keep your network secure with granular, policy-based controls
- Go beyond simply blocking malicious content to controlling specific file types, reducing the risk to your entire organisation.
- Lock down C2 risk
- Automatically generate C2 signatures at machine scale and speed.
Get in touch with us todayReady to talk?
Are you looking for pricing details, technical information, support or a custom quote? Our team of experts is ready to assist you.
NIS2 advice to CISOs
As a CISO, it is important to understand the requirements of the NIS2 directive and ensure that your company is compliant in a timely manner.
Nomios Group expands in Southern Europe with leading Italian cybersecurity expert Aditinet
The acquisition of Aditinet strengthens Nomios’ European position as one of the leading cybersecurity service companies.
Automation now: Why the silicon shortage is an opportunity, not a crisis
While it’s easy to view the silicon chip shortage as a massive headache, long production waiting times could actually be a significant opportunity for your business to innovate.