F5 Networks Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Protects against the latest attacks with behavioural analysis, proactive bot defence and application-layer encryption of sensitive data such as login credentials.
An evolving risk landscape demands active protection
The digital transformation creates new types of risks at an accelerated pace for organisations. F5's Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) helps organisations to address and manage these evolving risks and challenges.
Why the F5 Networks Web Application Firewall (WAF)?
For many organisations apps are their business. Unfortunately, applications are also the initial target in 53 percent of breaches, making web attacks the leading cause of data breaches. Despite the best efforts of secure application- and patch-management processes, half of all applications remain vulnerable 24x7.
Web Application Firewalls (WAF) protect your applications from data breaches by fixing vulnerabilities and stopping attacks. F5's Advanced Web Application Firewal provides application-layer encryption, API inspection, malicious bot protection, and even behaviour analytics to help defend against application attacks.
Without having to update the apps themselves, F5 Advanced WAF protects against the most prevalent attacks on your apps:
- Automated attacks and bots that can overwhelm application resources
- Attacks that steal application credentials or take advantage of compromised accounts
- Application-layer attacks that evade signature- and reputation-based security solutions
- New attack surfaces and threats due to the rapid adoption of APIs
- Bots that target browser-based and mobile clients
Unique capabilities setting F5's WAF apart
F5 Advanced WAF identifies and blocks attacks that many other WAF solutions don’t, due to missing defend mechanism capabilities. From L7 DDoS detection that uses machine learning and behavioral analytics, to application-layer encryption to protect against credential and data theft. This is why F5's Advanced Web Application Firewalls include features that are unique in the WAF market.
- Advanced application protection
- An incremental increase in application security. It’s a fundamental transformation that combines machine learning, threat intelligence, and deep application expertise.
- Anti-Bot Mobile SDK
- When combined with F5 WAF solutions, secures and protects mobile applications from bots and automated attacks via application whitelisting, behavioral analysis, secure cookie validation, and advanced app hardening.
- Behavioural analytics
- Behavioural analytics and machine learning provide highly accurate L7 DDoS detection and mitigation.
- Proactive bot defense
- Identifies malicious bots bypassing standard detection methods and mitigates threats before doing damage. Protects apps from automated attacks by bots and other automated attack tools, helping prevent layer 7 DoS attacks, web scraping, brute force attacks, and more.
- Credential Protection
- DataSafe encryption protects sensitive information from interception by obfuscating fields and encrypting sensitive data. DataSafe encrypts data at the application layer to protect against data-extracting malware and keyloggers, rendering stolen data useless.
- API Protocol Security
- Deploys tools that secure REST/JSON, XML, and GWT APIs.
Get in touch with us todayReady to talk?
Are you looking for pricing details, technical information, support or a custom quote? Our team of experts is ready to assist you.
NIS2 advice to CISOs
As a CISO, it is important to understand the requirements of the NIS2 directive and ensure that your company is compliant in a timely manner.
Nomios Group expands in Southern Europe with leading Italian cybersecurity expert Aditinet
The acquisition of Aditinet strengthens Nomios’ European position as one of the leading cybersecurity service companies.
Automation now: Why the silicon shortage is an opportunity, not a crisis
While it’s easy to view the silicon chip shortage as a massive headache, long production waiting times could actually be a significant opportunity for your business to innovate.