Social networks, cloud applications, blogs, wikis, RSS feeds, and content-sharing sites have become essential business tools for enterprise users—and IT organisations are struggling to make them safely accessible from inside and outside the corporate environment. A cornerstone of this effort is the secure web gateway, a traffic inspection solution that scans inbound and outbound web traffic to find and block hidden threats. Unfortunately, cybercriminals are working just as hard to exploit the growing volume of enterprise web traffic, and their attacks are ever more stealthy, intelligent, targeted, and costly. Inevitably, attacks slip past conventional gateway defences.
Fundamental web security
Get high-performance web security through an on-premises appliance that can be deployed as dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
Secure inbound and outbound traffic
Enforce internet-use policies, analyse the nature and intent of content and active code entering the network, and use DLP technology to scan outbound traffic.
Expand your web protection
McAfee Web Gateway is part of the McAfee Web Protection, a solution that includes McAfee Web Gateway Cloud Service.
- Detect zero-day malware
- This secure web gateway provides industry-leading, proactive detection of zero-day malware with full coverage of web traffic, including SSL.
- Best-in-class threat prevention
- Protect against highly sophisticated malware and targeted attacks that evade URL filtering and antivirus signatures.
- Reputation and category-based filtering
- McAfee creates a profile of all internet entities and assigns a reputation score based on potential security risk, so you can set rules about what to permit or deny.
- Powerful rules-based policy engine
- Take action on any element of the web request-response cycle, allowing limitless flexibility and web security crafted for your organisation.
- Protect off-network users
- With McAfee Client Proxy, roaming users seamlessly authenticate and redirect to an on-premises McAfee Web Gateway or the McAfee Web Gateway Cloud Service.
- Share threat information
- Enable more effective threat detection and response. McAfee Advanced Threat Defense and McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange are key integration points.
Advanced Threat Defense Analysis for Web Gateway
Stop stealthy malware at the network edge
After McAfee® Web Gateway analysis, files that remain suspicious are automatically sent to McAfee Advanced Threat Defense for maximum detection capabilities
In-depth static code analysis is added to web security with no increase in gateway workloads.
Plug-and-play threat blocking acts immediately, without delay for human intervention.
A single, centralised sandbox service can simultaneously support other network or endpoint security systems.
Prevent patient zero by withholding files from users during analysis.
Analysis results are automatically integrated into McAfee Web Gateway workflows.
Flexible deployment options support every network—physical, virtual, and cloud.
Why MDR services are essential to modern cybersecurity efforts
Want to counter cybersecurity threats, have an intel agency at your disposal, and do all of this at a predictable cost? Then MDR security services are the solution for you.
API security, are you prepared?
The use of APIs has evolved in recent years, especially through smartphone use, making API security essential.
Wi-Fi networks and the rise of AI
Wi-Fi has been undergoing major changes recently, partly due to working from home. We compare 4 major Wi-Fi vendors and the use of AI.