New cyber threats emerge every moment of every day. The highly commercialised cybercriminal ecosystem constantly changes its attacks and techniques. Whether it’s a ransomware family, phishing campaign, or infrastructural vulnerability—organisations must constantly be prepared to defend against something new at all times. That’s where the threat research and intelligence of FortiGuard Labs is critical.
Extensive knowledge of the threat landscape, combined with the ability to respond quickly at multiple levels, is the foundation for providing effective security. Spanning ten distinct security disciplines, hundreds of researchers at FortiGuard Labs scour the cyber landscape and proactively seek out new avenues of attack every day to discover (and ideally preempt) emerging threats.
The FortiGuard team develops effective countermeasures to protect more than 320,000 Fortinet customers around the world. These countermeasures include up-to-the-minute threat intelligence, delivered as a subscription service for Fortinet security products.
Security subscriptions include:
- Up-to-the minute threat intelligence in real time to stop the latest threats
- Insight into threats anywhere in the world through a global network of more than three million sensors
- Fast and comprehensive intelligence via automated and advanced analytics (such as machine learning) being applied to cross-discipline information
- High fidelity with mature and rigorous back-end processes
- Prevention of exploitation of new avenues of attack with proactive threat research
- Top-rated effectiveness achieved through the commitment to independent, real-world testing